Ads-to-Go: How Mobile Billboard Advertising Provides Great ROI
Digital marketing is a mainstay of the industry, but it isn’t limited to social media ads. The market for mobile billboards is growing, too.
If you want to be on the cutting edge of advertising, find out why mobile billboards are your next move.
What is DOOH?
Out-of-home marketing (OOH) is an umbrella term that describes any advertising that reaches people when they are outside of their home. It’s radio, newspapers, TV, cinema, and billboards. But not all billboards…
Digital out-of-home marketing (DOOH) is advertising that reaches people outside of their home using digital media. It’s social media ads and outdoor advertising like gas pumper toppers, bus stop displays, LED billboards, and mobile billboards.
Mobile Billboards Vs. Traditional Advertising
Target audiences haven’t changed, but the way to connect with them has. We live in a digital world, and that means transitioning conventional advertising mediums into digital ones. The biggest benefit to a brand is the return on investment.
Here are some disadvantages traditional advertising has in today’s digitally-driven world:
- Brands/advertisers buy packages in 30 or 60-second spots on multiple stations and formats for ultimate reach, which is costly
- No visual aids
- No product demonstration
- Listeners tune out commercials by switching to another station
- Satellite radio is taking listenership from the terrestrial radio; SiriusXM subscriptions increased by 35% over the last five years.
- Younger audiences are moving away from traditional radio and opting for streaming services
- Print circulation is decreasing
- Advertising revenue is on the decline
- No selective market targeting
- Digital coupons are replacing print coupons
Traditional billboards have their advantages, like the ability to reach a large number of consumers, but it has its disadvantages as well:
- Time insensitive
- No selective market targeting
- Risk of damage due to weather or vandalism
- Visibility issues
- Brief exposure – Unless a motorist is sitting in traffic, billboard exposure lasts seconds.
- Limited info – Due to brief exposure, brands have to get the message out quickly in as few words as possible
With mobile billboards, you’re taking your brand to them. Digital signage is great for special or short-term events, they offer a short lead time, and have a great ROI.
- Less costly
- Focuses on visual aids
- Displays can show product demos
- Tailor-made for your brand
- Easy to change/short turnaround
- More control over campaign
- Selective target marketing
More exposure means higher ROI. You control where your mobile billboard is seen. You control who sees it. You control your brand’s message.
We Have the Power to Drive Sales
Over the last decade, we’ve refined our portable digital billboards to be on the cutting edge of the industry. Our award-winning mobile marketing gives you full control of the displayed content with the ability to change it to meet your needs at any given moment.
Our blog has tips to help you build a successful mobile billboard campaign, product details, and videos that show our mobile displays in action. Contact us for your free quote and start driving your sales today.